My gift to all his fans
Tag Archives: August Burns Red
…I would like to set right the wrongs done by the Grammy industry for a few bands snubbed over the years.
For the past 50 some odd years the tone-deaf folks at the Grammy’s Committee have been lining the record companies pockets with money. How? A Grammy award is a license onto a marginal artist that gives them instant credibility and justification to the public without ever putting forth effort. This is not to say that every award winner is crap, but a portion of them live off the undeserved success of an award to sell sub-standard music to the public for decades to come.
Case-in-point, Metallica, no question are they an amazing band, but their best work is clearly their first 4 albums. While …And Justice For All did win one award for the single “One,” no album has come close to the technicality and complexity as the prior albums yet they have won 7 Grammy’s and been nominated for 15 Grammy’s along with several dozen AMA, MTV and various other awards all with a lowered quality of music that went virtually unrecognized. While this may be a case of not getting respect from the industry, it only further proves the Grammy Committee’s biased nature. So without further delay here are the albums and awards over looked that I would like to recognize. Continue reading
6 Comments | tags: Appetite for Destruction, as i lay dying, August Burns Red, Back tot he Future soundtrack, Can't Slow Down, Guns N' Roses, INXS, Iron Maiden, Lionel Richie, Metallica | posted in Fortress of Blogitude
This is always a category guarenteed to piss someone off, wait every one off. If you ask 50 people to list their 5 favortie albums you will have 50 different answers guarenteed. Even if those 50 people belong to the Beatles-Only Listening Club they will fight amongst themselves about why Sgt. Pepper is better than Abby Road and visa-versa. Music is almost as bad a topic to discuss as religion. But anyways, here we go.
Hard Rock/Metal – Leveler by August Burns Red
Rock – Alchemy Vol1 by Poets of the Fall
Hip Hop – Rehab: The Overdose by Lecrae
Decas by As I Lay Dying
Fear of Infinity by While Heaven Wept
Watch the Throne by Jay-Z and Kanye West
Leave a comment | tags: Alchemy Vol 1, as i lay dying, August Burns Red, Decas, Jay Z, Lecrae, Leveler, Poets of the Fall, Rehab: The Overdose, Salt & Light, Tedashii, Trip Lee, While Heaven Wept | posted in Fortress of Blogitude
…or just the amazing sound of August Burns Red
As close to Armageddon as we will ever witness. What a performance!
Bruce Lee’s BirthdayCelebrate 72 years of knowledgeNovember 27th, 2012The key to immortality is to first live a life worth remembering.
Most Recent Ranting
Our Post History
Books I Recommend
- Jay Hale slaying dragons and misinformationalists twitter.com/JayHalePal/sta… 5 months ago
- Are you kidding? This is ammo for Trump to push that every politician be armed. He will argue more guns. twitter.com/StephenKing/st… 5 months ago
- RT @StephenKing: Trump has blocked me from reading his tweets. I may have to kill myself. 5 months ago
- RT @StephenKing: Blocked! Condemned to an existential wasteland of Trumplessness! 5 months ago
- Probably my favorite thing on the internet twitter.com/ak1225_062708/… 8 months ago
- Second monitor on my desk at work. #SpTrOpeningDay https://t.co/9fWG0AIUuv 9 months ago
- RT @Royals: Happy Birthday to our lovable first base coach, Rusty Kuntz! 🎉🎈 https://t.co/3XoARoPe41 9 months ago
- #CapsOn @Yankees twitter.com/MLB/status/713… 1 year ago